MARCH 23 2021
𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗡𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗱?
During my interactions with caregivers over the years, I have consistently witnessed their struggle with determining when their loved one needs more skilled services. Once they have accepted that it is time, they then grapple with the guilt that stems from the feeling that they have failed and/or abandoned their loved ones. That is one of the reasons why we created Second Family Memory Care Center. We offer the therapeutic care and compassion your loved one needs while enabling them to stay at home, providing caregivers the respite they so desperately need. Following is a list of some signs that professional help is needed:
1. Loved one is withdrawn and isolating themselves, when previously active and social.
2. Loved one is forgetting to eat or forgetting they have eaten and overeating.
3. Loved one is failing to take medications or is taking too much.
4. Loved one has anger resulting in physical or emotional aggression.
5. Loved one wanders outside without regard to safety.
6. Loved one neglects hygiene such as washing self, changing clothes, and proper toileting/cleanup.
7. Home is unsafe due to clutter, misuse of appliances, spoiled food, access to chemicals, etc.
8. Caregiver becoming increasingly angry and resentful toward loved one.
9. Caregiver burnout resulting in fatigue, depression, and/or anxiety.
As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns. I am here to help!